Thursday, May 12, 2011

Testing, Testing, Testing. ugh!

After lots of testing with the canvas tag I've come to the conclusion that trying to use just the regular 2D canvas will just not work for me. I mean I can get a lot better speed than a lot of the other engines I've seen trying the same thing but still it isn't good enough, then again i am overly picky with things like this.

What I am working on now is trying to use the new WebGL structures to simulate a 2.5D environment. I do not yet have anything to show you, primarily been reading tutorials on shaders, OpenGL and such. From what few demo's I have managed to find concerning WebGL it is very very promising and many times faster than the regular 2D canvas.

Will post something on the site when i get a good test working.

No comments:

Post a Comment