Sunday, March 20, 2011

Isometric Sprite Maker

Ok, since my "game engine" is primarily based on an isometric view I started trying to find a way to better automate my sprite creation. I've played with World Creator 1.5 before but sadly they have discontinued the free version and only have World Creator 2.5 available now for about $120.00 USD. I did order a copy of this because i know it works well and does walls along with the floors. Still waiting on my order to finish, been almost 24 hours now though.

I checked out some demo's for some other stuff as well. Primarily what I was looking for was something I could put a 3-D model into, move the model into place, then let it cycle through all the animations in the model creating a sprite set with either 4 or 8 views. The only demo I even remotely got working kept crashing due to "missing files" of some sort. Un-installed it. :/

So I i'm hoping it will be Unity3D to the rescue! Going to do some tests but pretty sure I will be able to create a web-based version where I can load up the model and have it do all the things I am looking for. Even better would be if I can also get it to automatically render the clothing and armor. If it works i'll announce the beta of it here along with a link.

Hopefully I will also be starting an alpha of my Nemesis Star game soon too. But as previously stated my time is limited so it may be a bit, sooner the better I think though. Feel free to leave me a message if you are interested in participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment